Sat, 30 Apr|
April IN PERSON weekend Course
Ideal for those with due dates in May or June 2022. Prepare to meet your baby by learning what to expect in labour and birth, and what you can do to make your birth a positive experience. Practice baby care (nappies, bathing etc) what to do with crying babies and find out about newborn baby sleep.
Time & Location
30 Apr, 10:00 BST – 01 May, 17:00 BST
Glasgow, Merchant City, Glasgow, UK
About the Event
Our group courses are for the pregnant person and their birth partner.
****These sessions are planned to be taught in person, in line with current covid restrictions at time of the event. The upmost care shall be taken with strict safety measures in place.
The full balance of your course will be fully refunded should government guidelines change and we are no longer able to meet face to face.
In the event we unable to go ahead as planned with in person classes you will be given an alternative option to move to online zoom course at a discounted rate or to cancel and receive full refund. ****
Session dates 2 full days;
Day 1 - Saturday 30th April 10am - 5pm
Day 2 - Sunday 1st May April 10am - 5pm
- Physiology of birth / Stages of labour
- Sign and symptoms in pregnancy / when to go to hospital / what is normal and what is not
- Role of birth partners
- Hormones and their role in all kinds of birth
- Pain relief options and other ways of coping in labour
- Breathing and relaxation techniques for all birth
- Positions for labour and to be comfortable in pregnancy
- Induction of labour
- Caesarean birth
- The ‘golden hour’ what happens in hours immediately after (all) birth
- Feeding a newborn - breastfeeding basics and bottle feeding
- Newborn appearance / cord clamping / vitamin k
- Postnatal body and how to care for your body (stitches, tears, bleeding)
- Early weeks with a newborn / transitioning from womb to world
- Understanding baby crying and feeding cues
- Practical baby care (nappies, bathing, swaddling, temperatures, Safe sleep and SIDS risks)
- New baby sleep patterns, what is normal
- Coping in postnatal period, making a postnatal plan
Total cost of course £199 inclusive for 2 spaces on the course for pregnant person and their birth partner.
Included in the cost of the course;
•14 hours of face to face teaching in a group setting
•Resource pack after every session with overview of our session, any relevant research, reading material, links, and videos
•Lots of opportunity to get to know the other parents in the group
•Whatsapp chat group for support throughout pregnancy and beyond
•One to one support from me
BBS April in person course
The full balance of your course will be fully refunded should government guidelines change and we are no longer able to meet face to face. In the event we unable to go ahead as planned with in person classes you will be given an alternative option to move to online zoom course at a discounted rate or to cancel and receive full refund.